The Importance of a Clear Call to Action
Improve Your Website's Lead Generation
By Shadomedia, a website marketing specialist
The concept behind a website "Call to Action" is anything that gives your website visitors the option to take a next step and initiate contact with your business, usually to inquire about your products or services. A clear, well thought out call to action can significantly improve the amount of leads coming in via your website.
Example, let's say a potential lead has found your website via a particular keyword phrase in Google. You've got some great content for them to review that is pertinent to what they are looking for. At that moment, the potential to convert that visitor to a lead is highest.
It is not automatic, however. Your website visitor needs to feel compelled to make another action in order to transition to a lead. This is where your call to action comes into play.
Website "Call to Action" Examples
The two most common calls to action on any given website are a phone number or an email address. Some of your website visitors will have no problem using either to initiate contact with your business.
However, sometimes people are just browsing the web on their own time, late at night, at work (shhh!) etc. and don't necessarily want to call you.
|Interested in our Services?
You want to also have a specific call(s) to action that appeal to all types of visitors on your website. A Call to action is initiated through an ad, button or link, offering value to your website visitors.
This ad/link/button should point to a form that the interested visitor can submit their information from. The most common example would be a button that says "Find out More Information" or "Learn More". It sounds so simple and it is, however do not underestimate it's potential for lead generation. You are clearly inviting (but not forcing) your website visitors to contact you if they want to learn more specifics about your company, and its products or services.
Further effective calls to action include:
- Free quote or free consultation
- Current promotions or sales
- Anything that may be of value to your web visitors
Website Call to Action from a Design Standpoint
Incorporating a call to action into your website design is a very important aspect to success. There are many details that can be addressed regarding this, but some main points to keep in mind are:
- Make your "Call to Action" Stand Out. You WANT website visitors to notice.
- Have at least one call to action (beyond phone number and email) on every page of your website.
- Use more than one call to action on important sections of your website.
Linking Your Website's "Call to Action" to a Form
A form is a professional means by which potential customers can initiate contact with your business. The benefit to linking your call to action to a form include:
- Allows you to have control over what information is gathered
- Enables you to identify where your leads are coming from
- Help increase conversion to lead rates when tailored to your specific Call to Action
- Adds a sense of professionalism to your website
- Comments field (how may we help you) - invites them to ask anything they wish
Please contact us to discuss all of your website needs: